College of Arts and Sciences
Scope and Contents
The John W. Porter collection documents Porter's tenure as University President from 1979 until 1989. The collection is organized as it was given to University Archives and is organized loosely by topic, containing fifteen identifiable series and one identifiable subseries. Identificable series include Budget, Searches, Tuition, Colleges, Board of Regents, Exectuive Council, Recommendation Letters, Financials, and multiple Correspondence series. Additional materials include biographical information, speeches, reports, papers, new clippings, press releases, publicity, and events.
- 1979 - 1989
From the Collection: 55 Linear Feet (55 record center cartons)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Existence and Location of Copies
Folders contain material on Dean Ira Wheatley and information on individual departments within the College of Arts and Sciences.
- African American Studies
- Deans (Education)
- Eastern Michigan University. College of Arts and Sciences
- Eastern Michigan University. Department of Communication and Theatre Arts
- Eastern Michigan University. Department of English
- Eastern Michigan University. Department of Foreign Languages and Bilingual Studies
- Eastern Michigan University. Department of Geography-Geology
- Eastern Michigan University. Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Eastern Michigan University. Department of Music and Dance
- Political science.
- From the Collection: Porter, John W. (Person)
Part of the Eastern Michigan University Archives Repository
Bruce T. Halle Library, Room 310
955 West Circle Drive
Ypsilanti Michigan 48197