Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) was founded in 1932 in Wisconsin in order to promote, defend and enhance the civil service system in the United States. Today, the AFSCME Council 25 Local 3866 and Local 1666 represents approximately 200 skilled tradespersons, groundskeepers, dining service employees and custodians at Eastern Michigan University. The American Federation of State, County and...
Dates: 1961 - 2005
Abstract The Association of Clerical Employees records include materials pertaining to the organization of Eastern Michigan University clerical and non-academic employees as well as the Non-Academic Advisory Council which was established in 1963 in order to evaluate policies and procedures that affect all service staff; the materials relating to the Non-Academic Employee Advisory Council and their activities dates from 1964 to 1975. The bulk of the material was taken...
Dates: 1952 - 1975
Abstract The Purpose of the Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA) is to further the well-being of the African American community of Eastern Michigan University and to contribute to the institution's quest for excellence. The BFSA sponsors activities appropriate to these aims and engages in research and dialogue on institutional initiatives and direction. The Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA) records includes a wide variety of textual materials detailing...
Dates: 1970- present
Abstract The Faculty Awards Ceremony gives the University community the opportunity to recognize outstanding faculty who excel in their professional academic life. These awards are meant to encompass the diverse ways in which faculty at EMU may be recognized and rewarded for their exceptional work. The Faculty Awards Ceremony records include the materials related to the Distinguished Faculty Awards ceremonies and award recipients at Eastern Michigan University from...
Dates: 1977 - 2015
Abstract This organization, originally called the "League of Youth", was established as a dinner club of young faculty men in 1924. The original aims and objects of the club include: promoting acquaintance and fellowship among all the men of the faculty; promoting inter-departmental understanding; familiarizing the new men on the faculty with the history, aims and traditions of Michigan State Normal College; promoting harmony among staff members and fostering the supporting educational and...
Dates: 1926 - 1957