University Teaching Faculty Organization collection
The University Teaching Faculty Organization, originally named the College Teaching Faculty of Eastern Michigan College, was created in 1958 to provide a forum in which teaching faculty could "deliberate upon and prepare recommendations concerning the instructional program of the College and other matters which may come within its area of professional interest." The Organization met outside the structure of the Faculty Council and was ultimately disbanded in 1961 as the institution was reorganized to meet the needs of its new status of University. The materials in the University Teaching Faculty Organization collection include some founding documents, correspondence, meeting minutes and other reports. Faculty that were involved with the Organization included, but are not limited to, John B. Virtue (English), Herbert H. Caswell (Natural Science), Fred J. Ericson (History), Notley S. Maddox (English), Richard G. Oltmanns (Director Audio-Visual Services), Edward E. Potter (English), and E. Eugene Sutter (Political Science).
- 1958 - 1960
- Virtue, John B. (Organizer of meeting, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Researchers are asked to request materials 24 hours prior to visiting the the University Archives.
0.4 Linear Feet (1 archive box)
Language of Materials
- University Teaching Faculty Organization collection
- Alexis Braun Marks, CA
- 2016 May 19
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script