Frederic H. Pease Auditorium records
Scope and Contents
The Frederic H. Pease Auditorium was constructed in 1914 and dedicated in honor of former Head of the Conservatory Music, Frederic H. Pease in 1915. The Frederic H. Pease Auditorium records have been divided into two series: Facilities Planning and Maintenance, and Publicity and Outreach.
- 1914 - 2012
Conditions Governing Access
Researchers are asked to request materials 24 hours prior to visiting the the University Archives.
A new auditorium building was constructed on the campus of Michigan State Normal College in Ypsilanti, Michigan in 1914. The original name of the building was John D. PIerce Auditorium, in honor of the first State Superintendent of Instruction. The name was changed to the Frederic H. Pease Auditorium in 1915, in acknowledgement of Frederic H. Pease, a professor of music from 1858 to 1909, and Head of the the Conservatory of Music. Another music professor, Frederick Alexander, donated $85,000 in his will for the addition of an organ, and the Frederic Alexander Memorial Organ was played for the first time in 1960. The organ was restored from 1993 through 1999. The Auditorium was renovated in 1959, 1993-1995, and in 2008.
8.2 Linear Feet (1 record center carton, 1 archive box, 3 oversize folders)
Language of Materials
The Frederic H. Pease Auditorium is a building on the Eastern Michigan University campus that hosts musical and dramatic events. The building was originally called Pierce Auditorium, but was renamed in 1915 to honor Frederic H. Pease, a professor of music and head of the Conservatory of Music. The records include facilities planning and maintenance materials that include technical data and renovation project materials, as well as publicity and outreach materials, such as clippings, news releases, and event programs.
- Frederic H. Pease Auditorium records
- Natalie Morath
- 2012 November 9
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Eastern Michigan University Archives Repository
Bruce T. Halle Library, Room 310
955 West Circle Drive
Ypsilanti Michigan 48197