Found in 19 Collections and/or Records:
This collection documents the construction of Bowen Field House in 1955 at Michigan State Normal College. Records include renovation plans, press clippings, and other materials dating from 1954-2009. This collection is valuable to the history of college sports.
The Campus Slide collection consists of color and black and white slides of campus views and buildings at Eastern Michigan University. Some slides are dated, and the collection also includes a few slide reproductions of maps and drawings of campus.
The Eastern Michigan University Convocation Center was dedicated in 1998. The record collection includes materials relating to the facilities planning, dedication, and early events held at the center.
The Frederick Alexander Music Building records documents the building that officially opened in 1980 to house rehearsal halls, classrooms, practice rooms and music studios for the Music Department. Materials in the collection includes planning documents, blue prints, floor plans, brochures, and promotional materials created for the opening. Records date from 1958 to 1984. The collection does not document the Music and Dance Department or Frederick Alexander.
The Gymnasium Porcelain collection consists of a small matching cup and saucer set made of white porcelain with gold trim, depicting the original Gymnasium building on the Michigan State Normal College campus.
The John W. Porter College of Education Building was dedicated on 8 October 1999. The records pertain specifically to the dedication of the building, which included a celebration ceremony.