Theta Chi Fraternity records
The Theta Chi fraternity collection contains information from the Epsilon Mu Chapter of Theta Chi Fraternity at Eastern Michigan University from 1960 to 1998. It includes newspaper clippings, legal statements and reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, by laws, the Theta Chi fraternity manual, and other miscellaneous items.
- 1963 - 1996
Conditions Governing Access
Researchers are asked to request materials 24 hours prior to visiting the the University Archives.
Theta Chi fraternity was founded on April 10, 1856 at Norwich University in Norwich, Vermont. In 1888, Theta Chi fraternity was nationally incorporated, and seeks to encourage self-confidence, good conduct, and brotherhood. On May 21, 1960 the Epsilon Mu Chapter of Theta Chi was installed at Eastern Michigan University. Originally an independent and local fraternity called Zeta Chi Sigma founded in 1928, the fraternity split in 1948. Half of the Fraternity joined the Sigma Tau Gamma national fraternity and in 1960 the remaining Zeta Chi Sigma joined Theta Chi fraternity.
0.4 Linear Feet (1 archive box)
Language of Materials
- Theta Chi Fraternity records
- Melinda Ortiz
- 2011 November 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Eastern Michigan University Archives Repository
Bruce T. Halle Library, Room 310
955 West Circle Drive
Ypsilanti Michigan 48197