Eastern Michigan University
Found in 94 Collections and/or Records:
The Barriers to Learning Advisory Committee records include materials from the Barriers to Learning Initiative (BTL), an initative to improve university functions, from 1997-2000. The collection contains reports, agendas, initiatives, and other materials pertaining to the operation of BTL. This collection is valuable to the study of advisory committees and program initiatives in higher education.
The Bob Parks scrapbook collection contains the photographs and clipping scrapbooks of both the Track and Field and Cross Country teams that Parks coached from 1967-2000 as well as when Parks was a team member during from 1949-1952. Materials in the scrapbooks were collected and compiled by Bob Parks. The collection contains three series: Albums, Photographs, and Scrapbooks.
The Business Wives records include newsletters, membership lists, and event plans of the group from 1971-1979. The Business Wives were a society of women bonded by marriage to Eastern Michigan University's College of Business faculty. This record is valuable to the study of women's social groups in the 1970s.
A collection of postcards, both mass produced as well as independently printed, from the mid-1800s through the mid-1900s of the campus of the Michigan State Normal School (1849-1898), Michigan State Normal College (1899-1955), Eastern Michigan College (1956-1958) and Eastern Michigan University. The collection is organized alphabetically by building names or purposes of space.
The Center for Instructional Computing Center (CIC) was a center for University faculty members that offered the use of technology, workshops and one-on-one help with instructional design, research, instructional technology and pedagogy. The Center for Instructional Computing Center newsletters range in publication dates from 1983 to 2001 and are arranged alphabetically by title.
The Center for the Study of Contemporary Issues records include documents relevant to the center's operations from 1970 to its disbandment in 1975. The collection contains annual reports, catalogs, advertisement tools, and other materials. It is valuable to the study of organization mandates and internal processes.