Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Continuous Improvement Operations Council (CIOC) records

 Collection
Identifier: 00.CIOC
Abstract The original advising body, named the Continuous Improvement Advisory Council or CIAC, was developed in September of 2002. The goal of this twenty-four person team was to facilitate organizational change activities that would provide advice and strategic planning for the continuing improvement of Eastern Michigan University’s academic programs. In 2004, when the CIAC gained acceptance into the Higher Learning Commission’s Academic Quality Improvement Program, or AQIP, they established the...
Dates: 1992 - 2010; Majority of material found within 2001 - 2010

Institute for the Study of Children, Families and Community

 Collection
Identifier: 02.ISCFC
Abstract The Institute for the Study of Children, Family and Communities was an entity housed adminitratively in the Office of Research Development (ORD) that worked on a variety of grant funded projects. These projects revolved around community development, improvement, and research through non-profit work in Ypsilanti and surrounding areas. ISCFC often collaborated with the School of Social Work giving University students the opportunity to participate in the creation and implementation of these...
Dates: 1990 - 2009

Laura Dickinson collection

 Collection
Identifier: 017.LD
Abstract

Newspaper clippings, correspondence, and reports related to the murder of student Laura Dickinson in 2006, the trials and conviction of Orange Taylor, and the resulting scandal over the university's failure to disclose in a timely fashion that Dickinson was murdered which cost several top administrators their jobs, including President John Fallon, Vice President for Student Affairs James Vick, and Director of Public Safety Cindy Hall.

Dates: 2006 - 2010

University Wives records

 Collection
Identifier: 04.UW
Abstract The University Wives, also known as the Faculty Dames/Faculty Wives, was established at Michigan State Normal College in 1916. Membership was open to any spouses of University faculty, and their activities included the organization of campus-wide events to support faculty and staff, particularly new faculty members and their families. Eventually membership was expanded to include spouses of professional staff as well as faculty. The ...
Dates: 1916 - 2011