Michigan State Normal College
Found in 179 Collections and/or Records:
Professor Frederic H. Pease was an instructor of music in the Michigan State Normal College Conservatory. His papers include clippings, correspondence, photographs, and published books on the instruction of music, along with published sheet music and compositions. While there is some biographical material dated as late as 2010, the bulk of the material dates from 1873 to 1909.
Frederick Alexander was a Professor of music at Michigan State Normal College from 1909 to 1941. Alexander was a well known organist in Southeastern Michigan. His papers consist primarily of clippings, concert programs and the dedication of the Frederick Alexander Organ. The papers are arranged alphabetically. Records date from 1910 to 2001.
Genevieve M. Walton served as Library Director at Michigan State Normal College from 1892 to 1932, during which time she expanded the size of the collection, the staff, and oversaw the move to a separate library building. She was also influential in the field of library science and co-founded the Michigan Library Association, and served as its first woman president. The collection is dated approximately 1889 to 1999.
The Golden Years Society records documents the Golden Years Society at Eastern Michigan University. Materials are arranged chronologically and include memory books, programs, and invitations from the Golden Years Society at Eastern Michigan University from 1985 until 2008. The collection is further arranged into two series: Administrative Files and Publications.
The Graduate Council records documents the Graduate Council which serves to supports graduate education at Eastern Michigan University through its recommendations and service to the Dean of the Graduate School. Materials are arranged into two series: Administrative Files including bylaws, correspondence, and guidelines, policies and regulations and Meeting Minutes spanning from 1939 until 2009.
The Gymnasium Porcelain collection consists of a small matching cup and saucer set made of white porcelain with gold trim, depicting the original Gymnasium building on the Michigan State Normal College campus.
Harry L. Smith was a professor and department head in the Eastern Michigan University Department of Physics and Astronomy from 1920 through 1962. His papers include gradebooks, clippings, and copy of Smith's dissertation.