013. History, Tradition, and Ephemera
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
The Eastern Michigan University Pins and Buttons collection is comprised of Pins and Buttons that were distributed to promote causes, commemorate events and/or organizations. The specifics of when these items were created and distributed is not entirely known, but dates were assumed when possible, most items are older than 1956.
The Faculty and Alumni portraits is a collection of oil paintings of early faculty to the Michigan State Normal School and College as well as recent alumni Bruce T. Halle. There is one portrait of an early faculty member that staff of the University Archives has been unable, but is working to, identify.
The Gymnasium Porcelain collection consists of a small matching cup and saucer set made of white porcelain with gold trim, depicting the original Gymnasium building on the Michigan State Normal College campus.
The Jack Weiss collection contains one letterman blanket that belonged to Weiss while he attended Michigan State Normal College. Weiss lettered in both football and track and field. He was number 64 on the football team and play for four years. Weiss competed in the weights division of track and field for three years. He graduated from MSNC in 1950.
The John Harold Goodsman collection contains several letterman sweaters and blanket that belonged to Goodsman while he attended Michigan State Normal College (MSNC) from 1935-39. Goodsman, nicknamed "Red" by his team, lettered in tennis and band. He played tennis for three of his four years attending the school. He was captain of the tennis team for two of his three years participating. Goodsman graduated from MSNC in 1939.
The John Rice memorabilia collection contains university related items collected by the EMU videographer John Rice between 1986 and 2009. The collection is made up of primarily T-shirts and photographs from university events and these make up two of the three series in the collection
The Michigan State Normal College glass negative collection contains images of students and classroom instructors around campus, and outside of campus buildings. The collection contains 12 glass negatives which have all been digitized. Materials date between 1890 and 1910.