Frederick Alexander Music Building records
The Frederick Alexander Music Building records documents the building that officially opened in 1980 to house rehearsal halls, classrooms, practice rooms and music studios for the Music Department. Materials in the collection includes planning documents, blue prints, floor plans, brochures, and promotional materials created for the opening. Records date from 1958 to 1984. The collection does not document the Music and Dance Department or Frederick Alexander.
- 1958 - 1984
Conditions Governing Access
Researchers are asked to request materials 24 hours prior to visiting the the University Archives.
The Frederick Alexander Music Building officially opened in 1980 after two years of construction. The building was originally constructed as the University Health Services Building. The Alexander Music Building was re-designed and converted by Swanson Associates of Bloomfield Hills. The building is adjacent to Pease Auditorium. It houses rehearsal halls, classrooms, practice rooms and teaching studios.
7 Linear Feet (4 archive boxes, 4 objects, 2 oversize folders)
Language of Materials
- Frederick Alexander Music Building records
- Elizabeth Searls
- 2012 November 19
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note