Telephone Directory collection
The Telephone Directories collection is comprised of copies of the Official Campus Phone Directory for students, faculty, staff and administration and date from 1906 - 2008. They are arranged by type of directory and within those chronologically. The earliest versions of the Student Directories were handwritten. The University stopped publishing a telephone directory in 2008, opting for an electronic directory. With the exception of a missing issue of the Offical Directory for 1914, this is a complete record.
- 1906 - 2006
- Eastern Michigan University (Publisher, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Researchers are asked to request materials 24 hours prior to visiting the the University Archives.
2.4 Linear Feet (2 record center cartons, 1 archive box)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
Physical copies of publications from the 1930s - 2000s are located in the University Archives reading room, Halle Library room 310.
Electronic copies of publications are available through http://commons.emich.edu/teldir
- Telephone Directory collection
- Courtney Dornburg
- 2011 November 7
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note