Department of Accounting and Finance records
A department within the College of Business, the Department of Accounting and Finance records covers a large period, from 1966 to 2008 and includes brochures, communications, event flyers, memos, manuals, newspaper clippings, policies, publications, reports and university press releases.
The records also document several changes within the department itself. The Department of Accounting and Finance it split in two in 1989: the Department of Accounting and the Department of Finance. The two units once again merged into one circa 2003. The records are divided into two series: 1. Administrative Files which include memos, financial reports, communications, events, manuals, policies (1972-2002); and 2. Publicity/Press which covers several files, including newspaper clippings, press releases (1978-2009).
It is not a complete picture of the Department or of these two programs prior to 1966.
- 1966 - 2006
Conditions Governing Access
Researchers are asked to request materials 24 hours prior to visiting the University Archives.
The Department of Accounting and Finance is a department within the College of Business at Eastern Michigan University. From 1966 to 1989 the department comprised accounting and finance faculty. In 1989 the department split into two separate departments, Accounting and Finance. The two departments merged again around 2003.
0.4 Linear Feet (1 archive box)
Language of Materials
- College administrators
- College department heads.
- College teachers
- Eastern Michigan University (Actor) -- Administration
- Eastern Michigan University. Alumni Association (Actor) -- Administration
- Eastern Michigan University. College of Business
- Education -- Administration.
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- Michigan
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty.
- University degrees
- Department of Account and Finance records
- Illich Perez
- 2018 May 17
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script