Chemistry Department records
The Chemistry Department records include documents pertaining to the teaching of chemistry at Michigan State Normal College from 1900 to departmental details at Eastern Michigan Univeristy until 2014. The collection includes marketing tools, curriculum details, and other materials relevant to the study of chemistry. This is valuable to the study of program evolution in chemistry at EMU.
- 1900 - 2014
- Majority of material found within 1979 - 2008
- Michigan State Normal College (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Researchers are asked to request materials 24 hours prior to visiting the University Archives.
Administrative History Note
The study of Chemistry was first offered at the Michigan State Normal School in 1853, and starting in 1883 was listed under the Physical Science Department. Courses were held in the Main Hall until 1903 when they moved to the Science Hall (now known as Sherzer). The Chemistry Club was created in 1910 as an extracurricular student group. In 1916, the Chemistry Department was officially formed and was led by Professor Bert W. Peet. When the Mark Jefferson Science Building was constructed in 1967, the department moved to the new science building.
0.4 Linear Feet (1 archive box)
Language of Materials
- Chemistry Department records
- Mia Colavito
- 24 January 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script