Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9

Adonijah S. Welch Hall records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.ASWH
Abstract

The Adonijah S. Welch Hall collection includes building specifications, illustrations, documents, news clippings, fact sheets, building reports, and building rehabilitation documents. Welch hall was built in 1896 with renovations completed in 1900, 1909, 1974, and 1988. Documents in the collection from 1895 to 2010, with the bulk of materials dating from 1985-1989 during the last building rehabilitation.

Dates: 1895 - 2010

Jane Schmiedeke papers

 Collection
Identifier: 018.JS
Abstract The Jane Schmiedeke papers consists of materials relating to her preservation efforts in Ypsilanti, Michigan from 1974 through 2009. The majority of the materials are centered on the foundation, operation and preservation activities of the Ypsilanti Heritage Foundation (YHF), preservation of the Towner House, her time on the Ypsilanti Historic District Commission (YHDC), and the controversy between the YHDC and the National Bank of Ypsilanti. This collection...
Dates: 1974 - 2009; Majority of material found within 1980 - 2006

Mary Culver papers

 Collection
Identifier: 018.MC
Abstract The Mary Culver papers contain resource materials and research files created and collected by Culver while attending and teaching in the Historic Preservation Graduate Program at Eastern Michigan University. The papers include information related to local historic districts, sites, and organizations. Culver was particularly interested in Greek Revival architecture in southeast Michigan. Records date from 1980 through 2000, with the bulk of materials dating from...
Dates: 1980 - 2000; Majority of material found within 1990 - 1999

Office of Religious Affairs records

 Collection
Identifier: 04.RA
Abstract The Office of Religious Affairs records date from 1960 to 1979 when the office operated out of Starkweather Hall on the campus of Eastern Michigan University. The collection, organized into four series: Speaker and Performances, Groups and Meetings, Administrative Files, and Charles Minneman papers, is a comprehensive history of the Office during this timespan. The personal belongings of director Charles Minneman includes detailed appointment cards and books,...
Dates: 1953 - 1979

Sherzer Hall records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.ShH
Abstract Built in 1903 to house the Department of Natural Sciences, the building was designed by E. W. Arnold of Battle Creek, In 1922, the Natural Science Building was further updated when a 10-inch refactor telescope was installed on roof of building. Renamed in 1957 for Dr. William H. Sherzer, professor of geology and head of the Department of Natural Sciences (1892-1932), the building has sustained two fires one in 1973 and another which almost destroyed the building in 1989. Sherzer Hall, home...
Dates: 1903 - 2010

Starkweather Hall records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.SH
Abstract Starkweather Hall is the oldest building on Eastern Michigan University's campus, having been built between 1895-1896 and dedicated in 1897. Mary Ann Starkweather, a local philanthropist, donated the funds to erect the building on behalf of the Student Christian Association (SCA). Operation of the building was later transferred to the Office of Religious Life, which dissolved in 1976. The Starkweather Hall records contain materials relating to the...
Dates: 1895 - 2010

Susan Wineberg collection

 Collection
Identifier: 018.SW
Abstract The Susan Wineberg collection consist of materials relating to her academic pursuits in the Historic Preservation program at Eastern Michigan University, personal travel, preservation efforts, and her involvement with the Preservation Ladies preservation group, Ann Arbor Historic District Commission and Washtenaw County Historical District. In addition, this collection contains materials collected on various trips throughout the United States of America and...
Dates: 1885 - 2010; Majority of material found within 1990 - 2006

Ted J. Ligibel papers

 Collection
Identifier: 010.TJL
Abstract Dr. Ted Ligibel was a professor in the Historic Preservation Program at Eastern Michigan University. Dr. Ligibel began his career at EMU in 1991, rising to director of the Historic Preservation program in 1999. He held this position until 2017 as he transitioned to retirement. In addition to overseeing the largest graduate HP program in the United States, Dr. Ligibel was also involved in numerous local, state, and national preservation projects. His papers are dated from 1985 to 2017 and...
Dates: 1985 - 2017

Washtenaw County Historic Preservation Office Project records

 Collection
Identifier: 018.WCHPOP
Abstract The Washtenaw County Historic Preservation Office Project records primarily documents the four Histweb projects, but includes additional files on Certified Local Government, the Historic District Commission, and general files on Washtenaw County related to historic districts and preservation. It is not a complete record of the Preservation office, or of the Histweb projects, but it does include planning documentation including grant applications, final reports, meeting minutes, and...
Dates: 1980 - 2010

Filtered By

  • Subject: National Register of Historic Places X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Eastern Michigan University 6
Historic Preservation Organizations 5
Historic preservation. 5
Buildings 4
College campuses 4
∨ more  
Names
Crane, C. Howard (Charles Howard) 1
Culver, Mary M. 1
Dow, Alden B., 1904- 1983 1
Edmunds, Nat (Nathalie) 1
First Presbyterian Church of Ypsilanti 1