Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19

Bowen Field House records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.BFH
Abstract

This collection documents the construction of Bowen Field House in 1955 at Michigan State Normal College. Records include renovation plans, press clippings, and other materials dating from 1954-2009. This collection is valuable to the history of college sports.

Dates: 1954 - 2009

Campus Development records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.CD
Abstract Michigan State Normal School was founded in 1849 in Ypsilanti, MI, and the Campus Development records include materials from the founding of the school and development of the original campus property, as well as subsequent changes and developments to the campus through 2002. The collection includes newspaper clippings, news releases, campus project plans, and campus master plans. Formats included in the collection range from paper documents, black and white...
Dates: 1849 - 2002

Campus slide collection

 Collection
Identifier: 013.Ca
Abstract

The Campus Slide collection consists of color and black and white slides of campus views and buildings at Eastern Michigan University. Some slides are dated, and the collection also includes a few slide reproductions of maps and drawings of campus.

Dates: 1890 - 1908

Charles McKenny Union records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.CMKU
Abstract Originally built in the early 1930s as a student union through funds raised by alumni, the Charles McKenny building now houses various administrative offices, student services, and classrooms on the campus of Eastern Michigan University. Construction began in 1930 and the building was dedicated in 1931. The Charles McKenny Union records pertain largely to the original planning and construction of the building and the several renovation projects that took place...
Dates: 1930 - 2012

Convocation Center records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.CC
Abstract

The Eastern Michigan University Convocation Center was dedicated in 1998. The record collection includes materials relating to the facilities planning, dedication, and early events held at the center.

Dates: 1996 - 2010

Corporate Education Center records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.CEC
Abstract In 1984 Eastern Michigan University proposed the construction of a Corporate Training Center to be located in southeast Michigan. It was meant to be a multi-purpose space that would offer accomodations for training, conference proceedings, lodging, and recreation. The Corporate Education Center records documents the construction of the center (erected in 1988 and dedicated in 1989) including agreemetns with various contractors; general files for management of...
Dates: 1984 - 1994

Frederic H. Pease Auditorium records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.FHPA
Abstract The Frederic H. Pease Auditorium is a building on the Eastern Michigan University campus that hosts musical and dramatic events. The building was originally called Pierce Auditorium, but was renamed in 1915 to honor Frederic H. Pease, a professor of music and head of the Conservatory of Music. The records include facilities planning and maintenance materials that include technical data and renovation project materials, as well as publicity and outreach...
Dates: 1914 - 2012

Frederick Alexander Music Building records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.FAMB
Abstract

The Frederick Alexander Music Building records documents the building that officially opened in 1980 to house rehearsal halls, classrooms, practice rooms and music studios for the Music Department. Materials in the collection includes planning documents, blue prints, floor plans, brochures, and promotional materials created for the opening. Records date from 1958 to 1984. The collection does not document the Music and Dance Department or Frederick Alexander.

Dates: 1958 - 1984

Gymnasium Porcelain collection

 Collection
Identifier: 013.GP
Abstract

The Gymnasium Porcelain collection consists of a small matching cup and saucer set made of white porcelain with gold trim, depicting the original Gymnasium building on the Michigan State Normal College campus.

Dates: Undated

John W. Porter College of Education Building records

 Collection
Identifier: 015.JWPCEB
Abstract

The John W. Porter College of Education Building was dedicated on 8 October 1999. The records pertain specifically to the dedication of the building, which included a celebration ceremony.

Dates: 1999 - 1999